[racket] Prefs -> Editing -> Indenting: Definition of keyword types

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at fellowhuman.com)
Date: Sun Nov 9 23:24:13 EST 2014

Hi all,

A totally non-urgent question, out of pure curiosity: The part of DrRacket’s preferences devoted to indentation classifies keywords as “Begin-like”, “Define-like”, and “Lambda-like”. What are the definitions of those terms’ indentation behavior, and where are they documented?

(I’ve found it useful to add some of the db library's query-* functions to my “Lambda-like” list, though AFAICT it would’ve worked just as well to add them to “Define-like”. I see lambda’s argument list is indented further than its body-exprs if placed on a separate line, and define & begin don’t; I don’t see where begin differs from procedure application, however.)

Thanks,
jmj