[racket] off-topic -- Re: Live coding with Racket?

From: George Rudolph (rudolphg1 at citadel.edu)
Date: Fri May 30 13:55:35 EDT 2014

And that's the primary reason why, even though Java 8 has lambda expressions,
I plan to continue teaching functional programming concepts using Scheme/Racket.
One of my seniors, who just graduated, asked me a few weeks ago if I was going to continue
using Racket, or switch to Java in my course.  I told him they need to use other tools and environments.
They need to see problems and solutions and concepts from an entirely different
perspective. It's more than just learning to code algorithms in Java vs. Scheme, etc.

George