[racket] DrRacket package suggestions

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat May 3 01:24:55 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-02 16:53:31 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> I'm not sure either, but it is the exn:missing-module? and
> exn:missing-module-accessor functions that are supposed to be
> conveying the information. So trying to find a program that should
> work with those functions (but doesn't) is probably the place to
> start.

I think the issue may be that the call to
`pkg-catalog-suggestions-for-module` to get the actual suggestions
always returns an empty list for me.

This is when expanding a program like:

  #lang racket
  (require aosd)

which has a `require` that corresponds to a package on the online
catalog.

Since the call to `pkg-catalog-suggestions-for-module` doesn't specify a
catalog file, I think it uses the default value of the parameter. But
the default catalog file doesn't seem to contain much useful
information:

  Welcome to Racket v6.0.1.6.
  -> (require pkg/db)
  -> (get-pkgs)
  '()
  -> (get-catalogs)
  '()
  -> (require pkg/lib)
  -> (pkg-catalog-suggestions-for-module 'aosd)
  ; query-rows: no such table: modules [,bt for context]

Should this be using some other catalog file or somehow be populating it
with more information from pkgs.racket-lang.org or something else?

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.