[racket] pfds package conflict in racket 6.0

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 15 21:49:05 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-15 19:17:30 -0600, Matias Eyzaguirre wrote:
> When I try to install the pfds package under racket 6.0, it says that
> it depends on typed-racket-compatibility, which it then says conflicts
> with typed-racket-lib.

What I think happened is that "typed-racket-compatibility" got spun off
as a separate package after v6.0 was frozen, and "pfds" was updated for
git HEAD (making it incompatible with v6.0).

To get around this, I've set up a version exception for the "pfds"
package for v6.0. This should pull in an extra commit I've added to a
v6.0 branch that removes the dependency. Let me know if that doesn't
work for you.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.