[racket] Using new packages, step-by-step

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 10 19:41:26 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> (Or, anyone else who chimes in...)
>
> I have not noticed whether there are rendered versions of 3rd-party library
> documentation anywhere.

Currently, there's no centralized place where you can read
documentation for libraries you haven't installed.  Lots of people
have put documentation up for their packages, though; here are two
examples:

http://soegaard.github.io/docs/metapict/metapict.html
http://takikawa.github.io/racket-quickcheck/

As you can see, GitHub pages is a good place for this.

However, we do recognize the benefit of central documentation, and
that's something we plan to address in the (reasonably near) future --
it's probably the biggest thing missing from the package system at
this point.

Sam