[racket] Racket 6.0 does not work

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 02:54:45 EDT 2014

Hi Junia

> I am a professor of Computer Science in a technological institute. My
research is comparing productivity of computer
> languages using Measurement Theory.

As a software professional and one-time researcher your research
sounds intriguing. Software productivity is one of those areas that is
notoriously difficult thing to measure rigorously, and I for one would
welcome data and allied insights.

I (and I'm sure others on this list would also) be interested in your
findings to date, especially if you can give recommendations for language
improvement. What do you find are the distinguishing features that lead to
greater productivity?

Besides the intrinsics of the language, how significant is the support from
the wider community when an individual hits an obstacle -- be it from
resources like StackOverflow or user mailing lists such as this one? I'm
not sure how you'd study that empirically -- probably with some sort of
questionnaire to the user community -- but in this day and age, I'd think
that quality and responsiveness of community plays a significant part in
language adoption and user retention.

I would expect that in such a study the Racket core devs would score highly
for their responsiveness and helpfulness, as well as for the quality of
their software.

Kind regards

Dan

--
*Daniel Prager*
Agile/Lean Coaching, Software Development and Leadership