[racket] create executable on linux

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Sat Mar 8 14:42:03 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 10:28:31AM -0700, Jon Stenerson wrote:
> If anyone has linux available can you try this out and see if it is
> an actual bug, and not just my installation? I did reinstall Racket
> 6 to no avail. I also checked that this does not happen on Windows.
> Thanks.
>
> If I enter any program in DrRacket 6.0 on Ubuntu
>
> #lang racket
> "OK"
>
> then do "Create Executable" (standalone) and then, still in the gui,
> I run the above with ctrl+R, I get the error
>
> define-values: assignment disallowed;
>  cannot re-define a constant
>   constant: lang:read.1
>   Module Language: invalid language specification in: racket

Happens for me as well.  I built from source on Debian testing:

Welcome to DrRacket, version 6.0.0.2--2014-02-17(18adcb5b/d) [3m].

After getting the error, editing the code to:

#lang racket/base
"OK"

and rerunning works OK, but changing back to

#lang racket
"OK"

repeats the error.

You can submit a bug via Help -> Submit Bug Report...

David

Posted on the users mailing list.