[racket] Build hanging on Debian ARM

From: Deren Dohoda (deren.dohoda at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 09:51:52 EDT 2014

I have not had a lot of experience building Racket from source, but I
downloaded the minimal racket source and followed the instructions on the
readme. The configure step seems to encounter no problems, but when I run
make afterwards, it gets to the step of "Compiling xform support... Done
making xform-collects." Then the build just hangs. xform.rkt is running
like mad in the background, which seems to be the proximate culprit. At
first I thought I was just being impatient, it's only a ~500MHz processor,
but I let it run all weekend and there was no apparent progress.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this? What information can I provide that
would be helpful?

Thanks,
Deren