[racket] Package conflict while attempting to install Whalesong

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Mon Jun 30 04:06:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

> Hi Jens,
>
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Jens Axel Søgaard
> <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am attempting to install the git version of Whalesong.
>> There is a conflict with already existing installed module - but which one?
>> I can't see anything relevant in the lists that raco planet show and
>> raco pkg show --all produce.
>>
>> Any hints?
>>
>> /Jens Axel
>>
>> The error is as follows:
>>
>> ./raco pkg install git://github.com/dyoo/whalesong.git
>> Querying GitHub branches
>>
>> Using cached14040514811404051481611 for
>> https://github.com/dyoo/whalesong/tarball/60a70798a8cf02b2b0d44278500235773b411276
>>
>> raco pkg install: package conflicts with existing installed module
>>
>>   package: git://github.com/dyoo/whalesong.git
>>
>>   module path: whalesong/parser/parse-bytecode-5.2.1
>
> This is the package that is conflicting.

Indeed - but where is the old package installed?

I can't see if it is an old PLaneT version, a pkg-one, or
perhaps even a development link.In the case of Whalesong
It could be all of them.

I rebuilt my Racket installation in order to commit the
improvement of partitions and the error is gone now.

(Now I get an error from Whalesong, due to the recent change
of semantics of (letrec ([x x]) x), but I think I have fixed it locally).

Perhaps an
                   raco module-info whalesong
would be a good idea?

/Jens Axel