[racket] How to get arity of make-object?

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Jun 5 12:14:46 EDT 2014

I’m just wondering, would it be possible to make a class be a function that would be equivalent to (make-object % arg …)?

Is there a way to attach structure-type properties to classes, instead of to instances of classes?

Because if there is, then procedure-arity could work on the class.

My first instinct was to do this: (I know why it doesn’t work)
#lang racket

(define with-constructor%
  (interface* ()
              ([prop:procedure (lambda (this . args)
                                 (send/apply this constructor args))])
              constructor
              ))

(define point%
  (class* object% (with-constructor%)
    (super-new) (inspect #f)
    (init-field [x 0] [y 0])
    (define/public (constructor . args)
      (apply make-object this% args))
    ))

(define p (point% 1 2))

But this doesn’t work because it attaches the structure type properties to instances of the class instead of to the class itself.