[racket] Creating my own series of teaching languages

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 4 21:37:35 EDT 2014

On Jun 4, 2014, at 9:26 PM, Daniel Brady wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've decided to undertake the project of creating a small language, and then model the HtDP teaching languages by creating a hierarchical series of versions of that language. My current approach is to just make each of them a #lang language, but grouped together in a collection, and that's working out fine. But I would like to see if I can do it in a similar way to the HtDP languages, such that the user chooses the language from a group in the Choose Language menu, and doesn't use #lang syntax.
>
> (I'm already asking about how to add a group of languages to that menu in a different thread.)
>
> So I guess the question boils down to: How can I take a group of #lang languages and convert them to the teaching-language 'style', if you will?
> ~Daniel.
>
> --
> SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
>  Racket Users list:
>  http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

So you read

 http://docs.racket-lang.org/tools/adding-languages.html?q=drracket%20language%20menu#%28part._.Adding_.Arbitrary_.Languages_to_.Dr.Racket%29

Can you explain where you get stuck and (if possible) why you're stuck there? This would help us improve the docs and we can answer your question(s). I think it is safe to conflate the two threads here.

-- Matthias

(p.s. I have done this language-menu thing only once, for The Little Lisper languages, but never released it.)