[racket] ICFP 2014 Student Volunteer Programme

From: David Van Horn (icfp.publicity at googlemail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 3 09:56:04 EDT 2014

[With apologies for cross-posting]
Please forward this to anyone who may be interested!

ICFP Student Volunteer Programme
http://icfpconference.org/icfp2014/sv.html

We are looking for student volunteers to help with the running of ICFP
2014 in Gothenburg, Sweden. If you are a student (part-time,
full-time, undergraduate, masters or PhD), and would like free
registration in exchange for helping out, please consider applying!

As a student volunteer, you will receive the following:

* Free conference registration, including workshops and electronic proceedings
* Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
* Free conference banquet ticket and access to student-only social events.
* An ICFP 2014 Student Volunteers T-shirt.

In return you will be expected to help with the running of the
conference. Possible jobs include assisting with technical sessions,
workshops, tutorials and panels and helping at the registration desk.

Please note that student volunteers are responsible for their own
travel arrangements and accommodation.

You should be available for at least three full days between 31st of
August and the 6th of September 2014 in order to offer 16 hours of
volunteering work. Note that we will prioritise students who will be
available the full week. Naturally presentations etc. at workshops and
technical sessions take precedence.

Application Deadline: 15th June 2014
Initial Acceptance and Reserve List announcement: 30th June 2014

For more information, and instructions on how to apply, please see the
student volunteer information page at
http://icfpconference.org/icfp2014/sv.html.

Posted on the users mailing list.