[racket] package manager in DrRacket only available when a window is open?

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Jul 31 12:09:07 EDT 2014

If I just have DrRacket open but don’t have any windows open, (on a mac) it gives me the DrRacket menu, the file menu, and the help menu.
And in the file menu it doesn’t have the package manager as a menu option.  If I open a new DrRacket window, though, it shows the package manager menu option.  Is there any reason why the package manager menu option isn’t part of the file menu when there aren’t any windows open?  (this is also when there are windows but they are minimized)

Posted on the users mailing list.