[racket] Use of map and eval to evaluate symbol in namespace

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 11:01:45 EDT 2014

On Jul 30, 2014, at 9:57 PM, Henry Lenzi <henry.lenzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> This might lead to having hundreds of definition files, however (say,
> one for each medication defintion).

Use sub-modules and load them:

#lang racket

(module prescription1 PPL ...)

(module prescription2 PPL ...)

etc.

Your PPL (prescription programming language) may define a standard interface that provides just the right pieces in a standard way, like a Scribble file provides a document, and that your rendering run-time turns the prescriptions into the desired JPEG shape. If your hospital ever moves to TIFF or WHATEVER format, you can shift the latter easily.

Doing so will reduce the time you have to spend away from patients and with the software. That's what we're trying to help you with, by looking ahead just a bit

And if you can formulate specs, I am sure people on this list will contribute. It's the Racket way.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.