[racket] object-language in redex/tutorial.html

From: Anthony Carrico (acarrico at memebeam.org)
Date: Tue Jul 29 22:30:41 EDT 2014

What does "object-language" mean in
http://docs.racket-lang.org/redex/tutorial.html ?

It pops up first here:

"Once we have defined the grammar, we can ask Redex if specific terms
match the grammar. This expression checks to see if the e non-terminal
(from L) matches the object-language expression (λ (x) x)."

That term isn't in the defined language L (no type), so the match fails.
Then object-language pops up again in Exercise 1:

"Use redex-match to extract the body of the function from this
object-language program:

    17)"

Is object-language a predefined language? Or does the exercise expect me
to use define-language to create an appropriate object-language without
types?

--
Anthony Carrico