[racket] identifier-binding source-id vs. nominal-source-id

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 01:03:54 EDT 2014

> I also think, fwiw, that jumping to the contract is a Good Thing here
> (and then you have to hit the key again on the identifier in
> 'contract-out' form to jump to the definition of the identifier
> without the contract).

Interesting, that hadn't occurred to me. I like that.

However there's an eldoc feature on the way. With that, having point
in a function definition would show its contract -- or Typed Racket
print-type -- in the message area.  So given that, it would be
preferable to take the user directly to the function definition site,
after all.

But I could do the equivalent of this "contract location intermediate
stopover, if any", programatically, to discover the true definition
name -- then use it to take the user directly to the definition site
(where eldoc would flash the contract).

So either way, your idea is helpful. Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.