[racket] identifier-binding source-id vs. nominal-source-id

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 22 19:54:49 EDT 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:08 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> I also think, fwiw, that jumping to the contract is a Good Thing here
> (and then you have to hit the key again on the identifier in
> 'contract-out' form to jump to the definition of the identifier
> without the contract).

A very good thing! People should write modules so that a
simple text editor exposes the module's service interface
as easily as possible. If a programmer also has IDE support
to expose the interface, fine. But we shouldn't merge the
language and the IDE -- it's one of Racket's principles.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.