[racket] Pass by value/name/reference

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 11:30:40 EDT 2014

Do you mean
1:
Pascal showed you a calling convention that was new for you.
or
2:
Pascal showed you to have more than one calling convention.
?

I have used Pascal a lot in earlier days, but I am not aware of Pascal
providing more than one kind of calling convention.
Some decades ago I wrote my first Lisp-like interpreter in Pascal because I
was not content with the ones I had available to me at that time (for
example because not hygienic: redefining a predefined procedure could alter
other procedures too). Short after I found PLT-Scheme, now Racket, and since
then I use PLT-Scheme cq Racket (a very small subset, for Racket is much
more than a language (including a meta-language for making new languages)
which is very important I think. I remember my first years of programming,
most in Fortran and asssembler, putting much effort in letting the user
describe his/her problems in his/her own language).

If you mean 2, do you have a pointer for me?
Best wishes, Jos

PS, I do appreciate the joke.