[racket] examples of hooking a #lang into DrRacket?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 20 19:50:06 EDT 2014

It appears that read-language can return #f and what DrRacket does in
that case appears to be what you're seeing. Is that what you're
getting?

The docs say that read-language never returns #f (presumably it is
allowed to return #f when fail-thunk returns #f, but the relevant
fail-thunk here doesn't return #f) so I'm not sure if that's a docs
bug, in which case I should change drracket to cope with it or an
implementation bug.

But if I create a pollen directory, use 'rack pkg --link pollen' to
set it up and then put main.rkt with this content:

#lang racket/base
(module reader racket/base (provide read-syntax)
  (define (read-syntax a b)
     #'(module m racket/base)))

then I see this:

$  racket
Welcome to Racket v6.1.0.3.
> (read-language (open-input-string "#lang pollen"))
#f

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.