[racket] Quack in Emacs 24

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jul 14 01:21:02 EDT 2014

Has anyone using Quack with Emacs 24 found what the fix is for the
problem that most of the usual syntax coloring doesn't happen?  (The
parentheses aren't red, for example.)

When this problem occurs, there will be the following message in the
"*Messages*" buffer:

     Quack Warning: `font-lock-keywords' already set when hook ran.

I'm still using Emacs 23 (what's in Debian Stable), but I received a bug
report about Emacs 24 from a user.  I don't immediately have time to
track down what changed with font-lock or themes (the naive fix I tried
didn't work), and I don't see a fix in Google.  I was hoping that Emacs
wouldn't break Quack until I finished Meow. :)  If someone has a simple
fix, I can add it to the official Quack release, however.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.