[racket] "and" in author names in scriblib

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 11 05:37:33 EDT 2014

Greetings.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Joe Gibbs Politz <joe at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> I was getting some odd behavior on authors whose names ended in "and"
> when compiling a bibliography, and dug into the source a bit.  A
> little armchair debugging: should this line
>
> https://github.com/plt/racket/blob/88d8a2a9f86b15b3c65cdc232ec05cc6a0f5d6bd/pkgs/scribble-pkgs/scribble-lib/scriblib/bibtex.rkt#L219
>
> have the regex
>
> #rx"* and *"
>
> instead of
>
> #rx" *and *"

I'm slightly jumping in to the middle of this (ie, I've missed the start of this thread), but if the issue here is parsing BibTeX, then I have a reasonably robust BibTeX parser at <https://bitbucket.org/nxg/bibulous> which might be useful here.  It's not tidily wrapped up as a package, but potentially could be.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk