[racket] "and" in author names in scriblib

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 11 00:36:43 EDT 2014

Oh, I'm not sure of the best way, but way that should work is if you
port that one by hand. Just remove it from the bibtex file in question
and write out the corresponding call to make-bib. (I hope you'll find
that Matthew's API is a lot less painful and error-prone than
bibtex's!).

You should be able to define the result of the call to make-bib:

(define a-paper (make-bib ... #:author (authors (author-name "Edward L." ....))

 and then:

   @citet[a-paper]

in your paper (assuming you passed citet as the last argument to
define-bibtex-cite* or the third to define-bibtex-cite). The docs for
define-bibtex-cite* are a little unclear to me, but I think it should
work to do that. I've given up on bibtex, personally, because my
bibtex code was all crap anyway.

Robby

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Joe Gibbs Politz <joe at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
>> You can just edit the file in your copy of racket and then run 'raco setup'.
>
> Good point, thanks, that'll work in a pinch for the final build.
>
> Still open to other ideas, because among myself and my co-authors
> there are probably half a dozen machines that this might end up
> getting built on, so something that works without editing Racket would
> be a plus.
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> Oh, and of course you could just use:
>>
>>    (authors (author-name "Edward L." "Deci")
>>            (author-name "Robert J." "Vallerand")
>>            (author-name "Luc G." "Pelletier")
>>            (author-name "Richard M." "Ryan"))
>
> Where can I put that?  Right now all the bib info is in a bibtex file
> and being imported via define-bibtex-cite with a lot of other
> citations, so I'm not sure how to override that only partially with
> this list.  Can I add new citations to the thing that gets generated
> from define-bibtex-cite, so I can keep all the existing citations in
> bibtex and just write this one out in the long form?
>
> Sorry for my ignorance, the bibtex/citation stuff in Scribble is a bit
> magical to me and usually just works for the most part, so I don't
> actually understand what's going on underneath.
>
> Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.