[racket] simple http server without stateful/stateless continuations stuff

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jul 4 21:25:44 EDT 2014

In Racket 5.3.4, is there a way to use the barebones HTTP-serving
functionality of the Racket Web Server code, without getting any of the
``Stateful'' or ``Stateless'' stuff, nor any trickiness that it does
with the callback code to support the continuations?

I just want each request to result in a callback in a new thread that
lets me get header values and read POST data, and then write the
response headers and content to a port.)

I see the documentation in
"http://docs.racket-lang.org/web-server-internal/dispatch-server-unit.html",
which looks like it might have things I can use (unclear), but it
appears to be some documentation on private internals, not public API.

(This is for some unit testing of clients for various webservices, in
which I need to emulate the interfaces of the webservices, and to have
the tests be able to see both client and server sides.  For this
purpose, I really don't want the "web-server" trickiness with the code,
and I need a public API.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.