[racket] gc crash on raspbian

From: David Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Jul 3 04:49:51 EDT 2014

Hi Matthew,

> On 02/07/14 09:28, Matthew Flatt wrote:
>> Is it enough to run the web server in its default configuration, or do
>> you have to run something specific?
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'll looking into Deren's problem, which seems to be
>> JIT-related. Just to make sure, does setting the environment variable
>>
>>  PLTNOMZJIT=y
>>
>> before running the web server (to disable the JIT) change the result?
>
> This has no effect here, still falls over.
>
> I've isolated a small test which is running atm, but it hasn't crashed
> yet. For this reason I suspect it's something I'm doing wrong with the
> webserver regarding threads.
>
> SQLite should be ok multi-threaded... putting semaphores round each
> request response doesn't crash, but it also changes the behaviour a lot
> so it's difficult to tell.

Ok, some more info - after running the full semaphored version all night
I got another crash so I think we can rule out a concurrency problem.
I've reduced the code into a single script with a test database but
without the web server, I'll test that a bit more then post it if I can
get it to crash too...

To answer your question, yes it's a simple serve/servlet.

cheers,

dave

Posted on the users mailing list.