[racket] Can I make the frame% instances transparent?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 18 10:09:25 EST 2014

On Jan 18, 2014, at 7:14 AM, WarGrey Gyoudmon Ju wrote:

> These days I am researching on a new Editor/IDE to take the place of Vim and Emacs.
> In order to learn programing languages(not only racket) deeply I won't make it as the DrRacket's plugin.
>
> I also like the transparent style in which way I use terminal so that I can check resources at the same time when coding. Is there any direct way to get it?
>
> Racket provides lots of graphic documents, but I think they are not good organised. Do (big-bang) and the HtDP teachpacks suitable to build real world GUI applications?

The 2htdp libraries ("big bang") scale to a certain level of 'real world'. See the Realm of Racket book for some examples.

If you need any performance, I recommend you start with the layer below 2htdp because you want to circumvent two inefficiencies in the current implementation: (1) big-bang and friends check a lot of things to catch errors very very early for students and (2) the functional approach is a bit too naive for hierarchical GUIs.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.