[racket] Socket and character resp. block device file

From: Manfred Lotz (manfred.lotz at arcor.de)
Date: Sun Jan 5 23:32:58 EST 2014

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:37:08 -0700
Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> At Sun, 5 Jan 2014 21:45:59 +0100, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > This might be a stupid question. But how do I find out in Racket if
> > a file is a socket or a haracter resp. block device file.
>
> I don't think any functions currently provide that information. (The
> only related function that comes to mind is `terminal-port?`, and even
> that function works on ports instead of files.)

Oh, that's really bad.

When testing my file duplicate finder one of my test cases is to create
a socket, a pipe, a character device and a block device file. My racket
program gets a
   system error: No such device or address; errno=6
when dealing with a socket. Or if it is a pipe then it waits for input.

I think functionality should be added in Racket.

What's about something like this?
 socket-exists
 pipe-exists
 block-device-exists