[racket] procedure to string

From: Gustavo Massaccesi (gustavo at oma.org.ar)
Date: Sat Jan 4 09:40:41 EST 2014

There are more complex closures, that share an external variable. For example:
;-----
#lang racket
(define-values (up! down!)
  (let ()
    (define counter 0)
    (define (up!) (set! counter (add1 counter)) counter)
    (define (down!) (set! counter (sub1 counter)) counter)
    (values up! down!)))
(up!) ;==> 1
(up!) ;==> 2
(down!) ;==> 1
;-----
If you need to send “up!” and “down!” in different interactions but
they nevertheless have to modify the same counter then this problem is
very difficult.

For some cases, I guess that you can uses something similar to the
“Stateless Servlets”
http://docs.racket-lang.org/web-server/stateless.html#(part._considerations)
. I didn’t use it, but it can serialize and deserialize functions and
continuations. I don’t know how much transparent are the structures it
use, so I’m not sure if it’s possible to inspect them. I’m not sure
that you can deserialize the continuation in another server, but you
can deserialize it after a server reboot, so I guess it’s possible.

(And as Neil Toronto said, you should also use sandboxing to avoid
unexpected problems.)

Gustavo