[racket] Would someone prefer paredit shortcuts?

From: Piotr Kalinowski (pitkali at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 1 08:07:25 EST 2014

On 1 January 2014 05:51, 钟 <yj_qww6 at 126.com> wrote:
> I am not familiar with Mac yet, thanks for your prompt.
> Now that Command & Option have their own usage and there is a large number of emacs users in Mac,  it seems like what we should do is simply copying the emacs keybindings until a better solution be found.

By the way, note that NS port of Emacs for Mac allows users to
configure whether to use Command or, say, left Option key as meta (I
miss that so much), whereas the mac port prepared as a separate set of
patches, uses Command for meta (pressing and releasing Escape works in
both as Meta). So adding key bindings with both m:, and esc; seems
like the safest choice to make it easier for Emacs users on a Mac.

I might switch DrRacket to using Command as Meta myself in the future.
That is, after I rebind showing interactions, for example. I really
dislike using menu for things like that ;)

Regards,
Piotr Kalinowski

--
Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes