[racket] FYI: A new Racket-powered startup

From: Gustavo Massaccesi (gustavo at oma.org.ar)
Date: Tue Feb 4 18:38:05 EST 2014

I looked in your site for a technology stack page. I understand that
it's not very useful for most of your users, but I wanted to submit it
to Hacker News. I think that a more technical post would be better
received. (Or perhaps it will get only 2 upvotes and disappear after
an hour.)

I'd like to see a mix of https://www.youpatch.com/about/ and
http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/10369/which-tools-and-technologies-are-used-to-build-the-stack-exchange-network

How many computers are you using? Real? Virtual?

Are you using the Racket web server, Apache or other? Photos?

Why are you using Racket, and why it's "better" than C? Do you hate
the ugly syntax? Do you implement something very complex that is too
long to write in C? Are you processing the images in Racket or using a
library?

(A comparison of a pixelation with a naive algorithms and a better
algorithm would be nice, but it can be a lot of work and perhaps it's
part of the secret sauce.)

Problem with the speed? Memory use? Garbage collection?

Mix this with pixelated pictures like in
https://www.youpatch.com/about/, pictures make it easier to read and
make it more interesting. Pixelated kittens are always welcome :).

Some additional ideas: (Not sure if they are very useful.)

* Add some examples of before and after images, perhaps
original->pixelated->final.

* Add a "click here to edit this image" button to each image in the site.

Gustavo