[racket] Media computation

From: James Vanderhyde (jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 31 17:52:30 EST 2014

Thank you, Jay; rsound answers part of my question: simple audio processing on the REPL. What I would like is for the sound to appear in the REPL as a player with play/pause, etc. The benefit is that users can easily scroll back through the interactions pane and compare/contrast previous output. Is there any system available for this?

Also, is there a good mailing list for people teaching with Racket? Thank you.

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science
jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
http://vanderhyde.us/~james/pro/

> On Oct 21, 2014, at 11:19 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You are looking for RSound:
>
> http://pkg-build.racket-lang.org/doc/rsound/index.html
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM, James Vanderhyde
> <jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu> wrote:
>> Hello, community. I am going to teach a course on Media Computation this
>> coming spring. I want to use DrRacket. I like Stephen Bloch’s Picturing
>> Programs, and I like how students can manipulate images directly on the
>> REPL. I want a similar interface for manipulating audio. I think the sound
>> should appear in the REPL as a little player control with play/pause,
>> rewind, etc. Does anything like this exist? Does anyone have any ideas for
>> simple audio processing from the REPL? Has anyone taught Media Computation
>> (including audio) using Racket?
>>
>> James
>> --
>> Dr. James Vanderhyde
>> Math and Computer Science
>> Benedictine College
>> jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
>> http://vanderhyde.us/~james/pro/
>>

>> ____________________
>>  Racket Users list:
>>  http://lists.racket-lang.org/users
>>

> --
> Jay McCarthy
> http://jeapostrophe.github.io
>
>           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
>      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
> And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
>                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the users mailing list.