[racket] at-exp: is there any way to make it turn @list{A @"string" escape} into (list "A " "string" " escape") ?

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Mon Dec 29 20:33:14 EST 2014

On Dec 29, 2014, at 7:44 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Alexander D. Knauth
> <alexander at knauth.org> wrote:
>>
>>> @~a{x is @x and y is @y})
>>
>> But this doesn't work for values like images, syntax-objects,
>> mixed-numbers, etc.  that can't be converted to strings properly,
>
> Yes -- but that's only because of what `~a' etc are doing.  It sounds
> like what you really want is a different set of simple functions that
> actually print stuff instead of generating strings.

That’s part of it, but I also want to be able to have string arguments
print as values with the “”s, and also be able to do stuff like:
@my-format{some stuff
           <~a,~a>@|(foo-x blah) (foo-y blah)|
           more stuff}
Where the place-fillers can be on the same line as the place-holders,
even with a multi-line format string.