[racket] Curious error messages

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 4 09:30:56 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Prabhakar Ragde <plragde at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> I'm currently using Racket 6.1. For some time now, when editing Scribble
> files in DrRacket, I've been getting "file has changed on disk" messages
> when trying to save or render - not consistently, just every so often. These
> are files I am not editing in anything other than DrRacket. I click "ignore"
> and everything works fine, but it is annoying.

This is definitely a bug somewhere and I've had not a lot of luck
tracking it down.

I guess that what's happening is something is actually changing the
file on the disk (perhaps DrRacket itself) and it shouldn't.

So if you can figure out what feature of DrRacket is making this
happen or verify that the file is actually not changing on the disk,
either of those would be helpful.

Sorry for the annoyance :(

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.