[racket] Use of map and eval to evaluate symbol in namespace

From: Henry Lenzi (henry.lenzi at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 4 19:21:56 EDT 2014

I was just wondering, Neil. what your experience in "production for
pharmaceutical prescriptions/labeling/instructions" software would be.

I'd be glad to read some stuff you've published or other software
solutions, if it's not proprietary software. If it is, what companies
have you worked for in the health sector?

Regards,
Henry Lenzi

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 12:18 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> I can see how someone might want to do tricks like this, to use the REPL as
> user interface, for tinkering, and that could be very interesting or clever.
>
> However, just to be clear to students and professionals who might stumble
> upon this thread... If I were actually doing this in production for
> pharmaceutical prescriptions/labeling/instructions, then I would be
> concerned about both program correctness and reducing potential for operator
> error to cause failures.  If we were starting with those as key requirements
> for production use, then I think some of this technical discussion might be
> irrelevant to that, since the software might be implemented in a very
> different way.
>
> Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.