[racket] big-bang is slow to render on screen?

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 22 12:01:55 EDT 2014

At Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:15:07 -0500,
Robby Findler wrote:
> Those are probably all errortrace-based stacktraces. And the profiler uses
> the internal ones not the errortrace based ones. Figuring out how to get
> you internal stacktraces is probably a good idea.
>
> But I think Vincent has adjusted the profiler to be able to use the
> errortrace stacks. I am not sure the state of that tho.

To get the profiler to use errortrace stacks, you need to call it with
the `#:use-errortrace? #t' option. You also need to either compile your
program with errotrace support, or to remove the relevant compiled files
(which in this case involve the big bang implementation) and run with
`racket -l errortrace -t file.rkt'.

The profiler's errortrace mode reports time spent in the runtime / FFI
libraries, which may be relevant here.

Laurent: Could you share the errortrace profiles for Matthias's `main'
and `main2' functions?

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.