[racket] Blog post on learning Racket

From: Lehi Toskin (lehi at tosk.in)
Date: Thu Apr 17 15:37:55 EDT 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 16:23:16 -0400, Asumu Takikawa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found this blog post by Artyom. The author, a Haskell programmer, has
> documented their process of learning Racket (seemingly step-by-step
> through the Guide).
>
>   http://artyom.me/learning-racket-1
>
> It might have some insights on how we can improve the docs or language
> to make it easier to pick up.
>
> One idea I got from it is that an interactive DrRacket-based tutorial
> might be a useful package to have (started looking into this a bit).
> Alternatively, maybe our docs pages should be more interactive.
>
> Cheers,
>   Racket Users list: http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

I think it'd be great for new Racket programmers (or just new to DrRacket)
to have a sort of "First Time Running" walkthrough or interactive
DrRacket-based tutorial. I've been talking to my brother about learning
Racket and I know it would be a great boon if there was a way to guide
him through some neat features or just get him acquainted with the
software itself.