[racket] Summer programs learning Racket for a student

From: jab at math.brown.edu (jab at math.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 20:31:28 EDT 2014

Thanks Marco! Would this course be available to a rising 9th grader? Looks
like this is one of the "College Credit Courses", which seem to be only
available to rising juniors and seniors.

Good to see on-campus housing might be an option though in case that's
preferable to commuting from NYC.

Also, I didn't see Racket or any other resources used mentioned in the
course description:

Programming skills are important to virtually every profession.
> Professionals must make decisions on how to achieve goals by deciding what
> steps are necessary. This course is an introduction to computer programming
> that teaches students how to make plans, to organize their thoughts, to pay
> attention to detail, and to be self-critical. The main focus of the course
> is the design process that leads students from a problem statement and a
> blank page to a well-organized solution. Topics include the processing of
> simple forms of data, the processing of arbitrarily large data, and the
> process of abstraction. This course assumes no prior computer programming
> experience. 3 credits

Is that info available somewhere?

Thanks again. Excited to hear about more options.