[racket] Summer programs learning Racket for a student

From: jab at math.brown.edu (jab at math.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 12:01:41 EDT 2014

Thanks for the suggestions, Neil. I should have mentioned that he lives in
New York City. I suspect that a significant part of what he's looking for
is the experience of being away from home for a couple weeks as well as
socializing with other kids, but I should make sure. As for self-study or
working with a friend and using the mailing list for advice, I'm fairly
certain he's looking for someone to be officially in charge, providing a
lot of structure, and doing so in person. Given that, a more likely backup
might be one of the Python courses. It is wonderful though that an 8th
grader could expect to get consistent help with Racket just from this
mailing list. Racket community for the win!

In the meantime, if anyone does know of anything comparable to the
offerings at e.g. http://www.idtech.com/courses/programming/ and
http://www.digitalmediaacademy.org/teen-summer-camps/dma-multi-week-academies/but
using Racket, please let me know!

Thanks.