[racket] no gui-based setup re-run?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Sep 30 16:44:38 EDT 2013

Several of my students find themselves needing to re-run "raco setup rsound"; this appears to be because of updates that I made to the package that it depends on, portaudio. It appears to me that in 5.3.6, the only way to do this is to run "raco setup rsound" from the command-line or to evaluate a program that calls the setup module--I haven't looked into this.

Just to make sure, though;
1) there's no gui interface for calling setup, is there?
2) this is the expected situation (in 5.3.6) after updating a depended-on package?
3) "re-installing" the depending package (rsound) won't work, because no updates are available, right?

Thanks!

John

Posted on the users mailing list.