[racket] use of SRFIs in Racket

From: David Vanderson (david.vanderson at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 10:59:08 EDT 2013

On 09/25/2013 12:01 AM, Edward Earnest wrote:
> Good evening all,
>
> This might be a silly question -- but what is the official status of
> the included SRFIs in Racket as they relate to #lang racket?
>
> I am working on my first Racket program and I need to be able to test
> if a given string is present inside another string.
>
> For example: I need to be able to ask if the string "Hello how are
> you?" contains the word "how".

Racket has an amazing amount of stuff in it, and sometimes it's not
obvious what the built-in alternative to an SRFI is (when there is
one).  I ran into the same issue as you, looking for functions to test
and manipulate strings.  The racket built-in alternative is regular
expression matching:

(regexp-match #rx"how" "Hello how are you?")
http://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/regexp-match.html

The best way I know of to find SRFI alternatives is to search the
mailing list and then ask, just like you did.  My impression is that
most SRFIs have Racket built-in alternatives.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.