[racket] Slideshow could not load big PNG

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 21 23:44:01 EDT 2013

You mean "MB" instead of "KB" below, right?

Are you running in DrRacket? Then you may be hitting the
DrRacket-imposed memory limit as configured by the "Limit Memory..."
item in the "Racket" menu. If you're in DrRacket, does raising the
memory limit help?

Otherwise, I am not aware of a limit on the size of bitmap images other
than memory, but we can investigate further if that's not it.

At Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:24:02 +0800, "ironson" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to display a PNG image in Slideshow. But it only shows me "bitmap
> failed".
> I tried with a smaller PNG image. It works.
>
> The bigger PNG is 4958 x 7017, file size is 200 KB.
> The smaller PNG is 1800 x 600, file size is 18.2 KB.
>
> Is there some limitation of the "bitmap" procedure in "slideshow" language?
>
> I guess I could scale my bigger PNG file to a smaller dimension in an image
> editor like Photoshop and load it successfully. But this is not convenient.
> Could somebody tell me a better way to work around this? Thanks very much!
>
> My code:
>
> (slide (bitmap "print_example_asn.png"))
>
> 2013-09-19

>   Racket Users list:
>   http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

Posted on the users mailing list.