[racket] pkg.racket-lang.org down?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 16:19:58 EDT 2013

I'm using Travis CI for some projects that need to `raco pkg install`
some required packages. On a few occasions I've had Travis CI mark
something "build failed", and the reason was the package install
failed (otherwise the build would have succeed).

There are two links in the chain: The pkg.racket-lang.org PNR, and
GitHub. To be fair, lately it seems like GitHub is the one more likely
to be down. Having said that, I could at least reduce a link by doing
a raco pkg install directly from the GitHub URL. However, part of what
I'd like to test (at least for newer projects) is that the package was
added OK to the PNR, and will work when users install it manually.

I'm guess I'm thinking out loud here and don't have a question or even
a complaint. Just a comment. Well OK, I suppose I have a wish, which
is that the uptime could be higher by the time the new package system
is officially out of beta. I don't know if it would help to have some
sort of automatic failover to another live PNR server, or to a reverse
proxy cache like Varnish, or how exactly to set it up. But if there's
any way I could help please don't hesitate to me know.