[racket] Catch db errors

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 1 07:38:19 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On 08/31/2013 12:19 PM, Laurent wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to catch the errors (more like warnings actually) thrown
>> by the db?
>> `with-handlers' does not do the trick since racket does not fail on
>> them, and a little search on the mailing list did not return relevant
>> info.
>>
>> The purpose is to use check-exn and check-not-exn on a generated db.
>>

> I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but maybe you want to supply a
> #:notice-handler function when you create a connection.
>
> If that's not what you meant, can you provide a more concrete example of
> what your code does and what warning you want to detect?

The error was completely different from what I thought at first (an
exception was raised in the server thread that I could not catch, I thought
it was because of the db, but it was just that I needed to forward the
error from one thread to the other). Sorry for the noise, though your
answer was helpful anyway.

Thanks,
Laurent