[racket] Numerical Optimization in Racket (i.e. Finding Local Minima and Maxima)

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 02:51:26 EDT 2013

Daniel King writes:

 > I think Racket has the first three features (the math library looks
 > awesome), but AFAICT it lacks a numerical optimizer. Has anyone

The math library *is* awesome (I have been discovering it myself
during the last weeks). The only other source of math/science code
I know of is Doug Williams' science collection on PLaneT:

http://planet.racket-lang.org/display.ss?package=science.plt&owner=williams

I don't see any optimization routines in there, so you are probably
right that there is none, at least nothing published.

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.