[racket] Small and short-lived data structures

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Oct 21 15:36:36 EDT 2013

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote at 10/21/2013 02:35 PM:
> https://gist.github.com/samth/7088570

[...]
> Direct is always fastest, multiple values are very slow, and cons is
> always slower than mcons.

Is there any relatively low-hanging fruit optimization that can be done
for multiple-value returns in general?

I'm not surprised that pairs are fast in this example, since pairs are
both basic and have a special place in the history of Lisps.  But I like
to pretend that multiple-value returns in Racket are often optimized
(perhaps to registers, but at least to not worse than using a pair or pairs)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.