[racket] Racket VM in FPGAs

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Oct 18 18:26:50 EDT 2013

Petr, I will be very interested to hear how this project goes, including
which FPGA you end up targeting, your application (large-scale
parallel?  low power?), and how speed compares to the JIT'd VM running
on CPUs.

If you can use an open source toolchain, all the better, although a
free-as-in-beer toolchain would also be OK if the open source ones don't
support your target.  If it requires an expensive toolchain, it's still
a good project, but much harder for other people to build on after you
are done.  (The beefier FPGAs I was looking at in the last year, for
numeric computing, seemed to require expensive proprietary toolchains.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.