[racket] shell-completion package missing

From: Vlad Kozin (vladilen.kozin at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 6 13:40:33 EDT 2013

Having installed the snapshot:

> vkz at vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg install shell-completion
> Resolving "shell-completion" via http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/catalog/
> Downloading checksum for shell-completion
> Downloading http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/pkgs/shell-completion.zip
> raco pkg install: package is currently installed in a wider scope
>   package: shell-completion
>   installed scope: installation
>   given scope: user

I assume it means "install nix" since I already have it installed. Which is true. I've installed it in 5.3.6, where the package is empty. Ok. How about:

> vkz at vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg remove shell-completion
> Inferred package scope: installation
> raco pkg remove: cannot remove packages that are dependencies of other packages
>   dependencies:
>    shell-completion (required by: (main-distribution))

Great. Now what?

> raco pkg update shell-completion
> Inferred package scope: installation
> Resolving "shell-completion" via http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/catalog/
> No updates available

Does that imply that checksum is the same for this package even in the snapshot? So the package is empty and I'm just wasting time?

Package management sucks. Or I suck. Both are probably true.

> vkz at vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg install http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion
> Downloading checksum for shell-completion
> Cloning remote directory http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion
> raco pkg install: could not find MANIFEST for package source
>   source: http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion

Right! No MANIFEST file, which docs do say is a must.

On the bright side. By switching to SNAPSHOT distribution I managed to install Tony's #lang marketplace which err'ed on 3.5.6. Be sending a separate email about it.

best
---
Vlad Kozin <vladilen.kozin at gmail.com>