[racket] Another Canonical Use of Macros?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Nov 26 13:42:51 EST 2013

On Nov 25, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Carl Eastlund wrote:

> I agree.  It doesn't bind in the sense of extending an environment, but it does in the sense of causing a new set of references to be resolved, e.g. x.method_name() for any x that now implements the trait in question.

Hmm... It's not really worth arguing about, but I think that this is a stretch. It seems clear to me (I guess it would, wouldn't it?) that the binding-ness or non-binding-ness is distinctly secondary here to the simple fact that I want to abstract over something that's not in an expression position, and thus can't be replaced by a function call. I suppose I should come up with more examples.

John