[racket] collection installer that does raco link

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Nov 18 23:58:54 EST 2013

If I want to have a PLaneT package "foo" that sets up a "#lang foo" to
refer to itself, is the following the right way to do the "raco link"?

* Have the "info.rkt" "post-install-collection" use procedure "links"
from module "setup/link", using "this-expression-source-directory" to
figure out the right install-time path.

(BTW, I considered additionally setting "info.rkt" "can-be-loaded-with"
to "'none", since, unlike reusable libraries, only one version of this
language is needed per Racket installation.  But I'm thinking that
setting "can-be-loaded-with" to "'all", and having a
last-installed-version-wins-the-raco-link policy, would make version
updates more resilient.  However, if the package someday also provides a
DrRacket extension, multiple versions could be a problem for that, IIRC.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.