[racket] An elm-like racket language?

From: Daniel Prager (daniel.a.prager at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 15:42:45 EST 2013

I wrote:

> How might I get the color to change not just when the user selects
> (mouse-ups), but also as a kind of live preview?

Greg replied:
> The underlying choice% control doesn't appear to expose a "hover" event,
so I don't think there's any way to get what
> you're describing, even in raw mred. Did I understand your question
correctly?

You got it: oh well ...

> Similarly to what Shriram said, I think a big problem with FrTime is that
it's monolithic. It could (in my opinion) be greatly
> improved if the core update model were decoupled from any language
extensions, global state, or threads, i.e., made into > something that
could be independently instantiated, tested, and combined with other
libraries. This would make it more
> modular, easier to understand and maintain, etc.

As a prospective adopter of FRP, at a high level what I'd really like to
see is clearly explained examples of its practicality -- nay, superiority
-- in one or more of the sweet-spot application areas: e.g. GUIs,
simulations, games.

Would the kind of changes that you've opined make such demonstrations more
feasible?

Dan