[racket] Should `raco pkg update <x>` presume --update-deps?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 17:29:12 EST 2013

> Based on the error message, I assume that they were using v5.3.6.

Exactly.

]> There have been many repairs to package updating since v5.3.6, and I am
> so far unable to trigger any problem along these lines in v5.90.x.
> (I'll push some extra test cases that were my attempts.)

My info.rkt deps is using the original '(pkg ver) form because
#:version came later.  At some point after 6 I'll cut support for
5.3.5 and 5.3.6, but for now I'm still supporting and making Travis
test against them.

Other than please not breaking any such deprecated package stuff, at
least not quite yet, there's probably nothing actionable on your end
for this. (Except maybe to release 6 :).)

But if you do need more details the user posted here:
https://github.com/greghendershott/frog/issues/59#issuecomment-28221845

Thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.